Call for Proposals
To present at Selenium Conf 2018, please submit your proposal before March 18th 2018 via our public proposal submission system.
We are looking for deep technical topics related to Selenium and testing in general. We are committed to diversity and believe in transparency. Hence, all proposals will be public.
Registered user of the submission system will be able to comment on your proposal. You are required to reply to those comments to provide clarifications, explain revisions and respond to questions. The program team will look at how well you've responded to comments and updated your proposal to incorporate public suggestions. Ultimately the decision to accept a session resides with the program team.
Your proposal stands the best chance to be selected, if it's unique, fully flushed, ready-to-go. Please ensure you've read:
To encourage early submissions and iterative improvement of proposals, we start accepting proposals as soon as we find them a good fit. Since competition gets tougher with progressing time, it is advisable to avoid waiting until the last minute for proposal submission.
In terms of the overarching themes or values in the proposals, we look at the following criteria during selection:
- Diversity - As a conference, we want to be more inclusive (different approaches, different tools/techniques, gender, countries, back-ground etc.)
- Balance - We want to strike a good balance between different types of presentations (expert talks, experience reports, tutorials, workshops, etc.) and different types of experience the speakers bring to the conference.
- Equality - We encourage more students and women speakers. We won't select any proposal just because it came from a student or a women speaker. But given we have to pick 1 out of 2 equal proposal, we'll pick the one, which was proposed by a student or a women speaker.
- Practicality - People come to a conference to learn, network, have an experience and leave motivated. Proposals which directly help this are always preferred. While a little bit of theory is good, but if the proposal lacks practical application, it does not really help the participants. Also people learn more by doing rather than listening. If proposals has an element of "learn by doing" it wins over other proposals. Take people on a learning journey.
- Opportunity - While we want to ensure the conference has at least 70% rock solid speakers, we also want to give an opportunity to new speakers, who have real potential
- Originality - Original ideas wins hands-on from copied one. People always prefer listing to an idea from its creator rather than second or third person. However, you might have taken an idea and tweaked it in your context. You would have gained an insight by doing so. And certainly all of us want to hear your first-hand experience, even though you were not the creator of the original idea. We are looking for Thought-Leadership.
- Radical Ideas - We really respect people, who want to push the boundaries and challenge the status quo. We have a soft-corner for unconventional ideas and will try our best to support them and bring awareness to their work.
- Demand - Likes on a proposal and buzz on social media gives us an idea of how many people are really interested in the topic. (We fully understand votes can be gamed, but we've a system that can eliminate some bogus votes and use different types of patterns to give us a decent sense of the real demand.)
All conference videos will be recorded and released freely under Creative Commons (CC) License on our YouTube Channel. The speaker owns the copyrights to the videos.
Speakers (including co-presenters) will be compensated as follows:
|45, 60 or 90 minutes session||Economy Flight Tickets + 1 Free Conference Registration + 2 Hotel Night|
|20 minutes session||1 Free Conference Registration|
|< 20 minutes||No Compensation|
Speakers are requested to maintain effective control on travel expenses in order to maintain the financial viability of the conference.
The conference will book your hotel stay. For flights, we request you to get your flights reviewed by email@example.com before you book them.
To get your flight expenses reimbursed, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your flight tickets
- Reimbursement Invoice addressed to Agile FAQs Technology Pvt Ltd No.20, 12th Cross, Cubbonpet, Bengaluru - 560002
- Please include your bank details in the invoice itself
- Copy of your passport info page
We recommend all foreign delegates (speakers & participants) apply for this visa, three-month before your arrival in India. This is the safest, cheapest and most hassle-free visa. A casual business visit is allowed as part of an e-Tourist visa.
While filling your visa application online, please use the following person's details as the contact person:
Mr. Adhiyamaan Ori,
Assistant Sales Manager,
The LaLiT Ashok Bangalore
Kumara Krupa High Grounds, Bengaluru - 560 001, India
Mobile: +91 99000 38935
Citizens from other countries are required to apply for a tourist or business visa at their nearest Indian Embassy. Please request us for an invitation letter. Start your visa process at least 2 months before your departure to India.
Please do not apply for Conference Visa. This visa is only applicable for government run conferences.